Schedule of Suggested Donations for Various Ceremonies
The Board of Trustees adopted a standard policy regarding performance of various religious
and cultural ceremonies by either of the priests at the request of the Yajmans (sponsors).
It is requested that the sponsors (Yajmans) donate the amount indicated below, or more, for
specific ceremonies. Please pay the amount by a check made to Vishnu Mandir and give it to the
priest who performed the ceremony. If you choose to pay cash, ask and get a proper receipt.
The priest will give the money and copy of the receipt to our Treasurer.
|Archana (108 names) of any one deity||$21|
|Archana of any 5 Deities||$51|
|Arati of any one deity||$21|
|Arati of any 5 deities||$101|
|Sankata Haran Chaturthee||$31|
|Pradosh – Shiva Abhishekam*||$101|
|Sunday Puja of any deity and/or Havan with Prasad Bhoj requested through Temple||$408|
|Sunday Puja of any deity and/or Havan with Yajman providing Prasad Bhoj||$108|
|Poornimma night Satya Narayana Puja, Prasad by Yajman||$251|
|Puja of any deity, Satya Narayana Katha, Havan||$161||$211|
|Chandeepath (Durga Saptshatee) during Navaratra, one day||$201||$251|
|Namakaran or Annaprashan (Naming baby/First Solid Food)||$161||$211|
|Vidyaarambh (Schooling initiation)||$101||$211|
|Yagyopaveet (Janaeu) – Thread Ceremony||$261||$311|
|Last Rite (performed at cremation)||$211|
|Shraadh and Pind Dan (at home)||$211|
|Bhoomi Puja/Shilanyasa (for new building)||$251|
|Grihapravesh/Vastu Puja (House warming)||$251|
|Vaahan Aashirvaadam (blessing New Car)||$31|
* Group sponsorship encouraged. Up to 3 sponsors – share $101 donation. If more sponsors – $31 each.
**The amount should not be offset by any money offered by you or your friends and relatives on deities,
in arati thali or as dakshina given to priest at blessing time. That money is for the priest and not the
temple. The amounts suggested are for Tampa and surrounding areas.
Hall Rental with kitchen usage $251 for 4 hours – extra $100 for usage of the sound system in the temple.
SUNDAY PUJA SPONSORS:
To sponsor a Sunday Puja, please contact Mandir President Dr. Sadhana Ramcharran or Kitchen committee personnel at .
You can request Puja to any Temple Deity or request for Satyanarayana Puja in your family name on that day.
Guidelines for Sunday Puja Sponsors
All Sunday Puja sponsors are requested to coordinate with ____________ for puja arrangements at least 4 days prior to the
Sunday Puja,including supply of prasad, fruits, flowers etc.
- Please arrive at the Temple 1 hour before the scheduled puja to facilitate Puja preparation.
- Please make arrangements for prasad for a min 90 to 100 devotees, which should be served unless you have made
special invitation to friends and family should that be the case please plan accordingly.
- Prasad should only be strict vegetarian food
- Sponsors should bring paper products for serving the prasad; these are plates, cups, bowls, napkins,
and spoons or make arrangements to pay temple for supplies
- Prasad should be served on white sheets, provided by the temple on the carpet.
- Sponsors are responsible to serve the prasad and the clean up.
- The suggested donation to the Hindu Temple for the Puja is $108 which does not cover the cost of vegetarian prasad.
- The cost of the prasad, if catered through the Temple, ranges from $250 to $310; the higher price includes
halwa or kheer. These rates will vary over time. The sponsors, should they decide, can bring vegetarian food
- All checks should be made payable to Vishnu Mandir.